Will you be happy to work in night shifts or over the weekends ?
Points to emphasize:
- If you have no problem say No
- Mention what would be preventing you from working nights and weekends if it would be a problem.
- Be honest.
- Show your desire to obtain the position
- Make them understand how you would benefit the company.
- The answer should be honest.
- If you are not able to work in these hours, you should firmly say “No” and explain your reason well so that interviewer may understand your condition and can decide accordingly.
- If you have no problem working in night shifts and over the weekends, you can say this like you are always ready to put in extra efforts whenever required and night shifts or weekends are no exceptions for you.
- Otherwise you can answer as: “If it is an emergency, then I can definitely work during night or weekends. But if it is regular, then I can't do it. Even I would like to spend some time with my family and friends and health plays a major role. If I work for day and night regularly, I may feel sick. I don't want to compromise with my health.”
Things to be avoided:
- Don’t say “NO”.
- Don’t give an answer that’s wishy-washy.
- Don’t lie.
- Don’t forget to give a proper reason.
- I would be willing to come in if there’s a project that needs to be completed on time.
- However, with my family, I would prefer not regularly working on night or weekends.
- Would it be possible to handle some extra work at home so that I can provide great work for you but also spend time with my kids.