What is the most difficult situation you have faced at job ?
- To answer the question about handling your most stressful situations, you should review about what position you held in the previous company.
- Unless you were working at the post of a manager or a leader, you would most probably be handling general situations and would have the support of others to solve any difficult situation.
- You have to explain the interviewer how you actually handled the situation and why you choose that way.
- For example, you should first describe the situation, the optional resolutions you gathered, the actions you decided to take and finally the results + lesson learned.
Steps to be followed while answering this question are:
- The first step is to get ready for difficult situations.
- Explain the problem that was raised.
- Understand the root cause of the problem.
- Providing Resolutions:
- Consider the possible solution and choose one.
- Taking action:
- Solve the problem.
- Checking back:
- Learn the result.
- Our team’s targets were increased three fold and initially everyone was overcome by the number, but we discussed it with our manager and he was co-operative and understood the situation.
- But he wanted us to give it a try and was ready to reduce the targets to a more realistic number.
- You can also talk about a very demanding project where you worked for long hours/2 shifts and had to sacrifice on family time, but once the project was done you got recognition for the hard work and you were over the stress