Do you know anyone who works for us ?
Different ways in which this question can be asked:
- Do you know anyone at our organization ?
- Do you know anyone who works with this company ?
It opens up three situations in front of you :
- You know someone who is a good person and it is safe to mention his name.
- You know someone who is popular for his negative activities and it is better to avoid taking his name.
- You know no one in this company. If you know someone who carries a good reputation, it is always a safe to mention his name.
Key Points to remember what should be avoided ?
- The three situations should be treated differently.
- You know which situation you belong to before the interview. So, take time to prepare the best answer.
- In each case, be honest and try to avoid any false.
- If you know someone, you can mention his/her name, but be aware of the policy on relatives working for the organization.
- This can affect your answer even though they asked about friends not relatives.
- Be careful to mention a friend only if they are well thought of.
- If you don’t know anyone then too it’s ok.
- In this case the answer is easy and relatively free of consequence.
- You can say No and move on to the next question.
- But remember many company wish to hire new recruits with an existing connection to their business. So always try to point out someone who is good and safe to mention his name.
- Yes, I know Mr. X who is working for this company. I am informed about the fact that he is unable to perform well for this company. But I want to make sure that I will be responsible for my own work. I passionately wanted to work here and I know only hard work can make my career…… ”. By this way just stop talking about him and turn the attention of the interviewers towards you.