CSS - CSS Links - CSS A Hover
Learn css - css tutorial - CSS a Hover - css examples - css programs
CSS link hover - Definition and Usage
- The :hover selector modifies the visual of a link when you move the cursor over the link.
- It is usually seen until the cursor is over the link , and provides visual feedback that the element was definitely moving over the cursor.
- :hover can also apply to all elements. Any element can be hovered by moving the cursor on it and we can able to apply style property to those elements by :hover selector.
- In CSS, the a: hover is used to specify an element when the user’s mouse point hover on it.
html sample code - html and css
Code Explanation - html css style
- Here a: hover is a link which will specify an element when the user’s mouse point hover on the term wikitechy.
- Indicating color property values as red in a: hover selector will change the color to red when the mouse pointer hovers on the term wikitechy.
- href is the attribute which specifies the destination address.
- target="_blank" Opens the Link in new tab.
html css tutorial - output :
- The link wikitechy will appear as normal link in blue color and underlined which will be displayed in the browser window.
- When we place our mouse pointer on the term wikitechy, the link color changes from blue to red and appear without underlined. since we have mentioned the text-decoration property as none.
- Clicking on the wikitechy link, it will open up the website wikitechy which is displayed below.