- WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website, blog, or app. WordPress is both free and invaluable at the same time.
- WordPress is an open source Content Management System (CMS), which allows the users to build dynamic websites and blogs.
- WordPress is the most well known blogging framework on the web and permits redesigning, altering and managing with the site from its back-end CMS and parts.
- Wordpress is based on the PHP and MySQL (used for storing the data).
Content Management System :
- CMSs have been available since the late 1990s.
- The Content Management System (CMS) is a computer application which keeps all the data such as text, photos, music, documents etc.
- It helps in editing, publishing and modifying the content of the website using common user interface and is made available on your website.
- It supports multiple users working in a collaborative environment. So that website can be developed collaboratively which requires lesser time.
Read AlsoWhat is Joomla ?
- User Management: It allows managing the user information such as changing the role of the users to (subscriber, contributor, author, editor or administrator), create or delete the user, change the password and user information. The main part of the user manager is Authentication.
- Media Management: It is the tool for managing the media files and folder, which can be easily upload, organize and manage your media files on your website.
- Theme System: It allows modifying the site view and functionality. It includes images, style sheet, template files and custom pages. Wordpress provides free themes for your website.
- Extend with Plugins: Plugins is one the vital functions of wordpress, where it allows the user to create their own functions or copying the functions from other websites.
- Search Engine Optimized: It provides several search engine optimization (SEO) tools which makes on-site SEO simple. This features helps your site to have upper hand in search engines and web dire ctories.
- Multilingual: It allows translating all the content into the user choice languages. Wordpress supports more than 150 languages.
- Mobile: Native applications exist for Web OS , iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad), Windows Phone, and BlackBerry. These applications allow a limited set of options, like including or adding a new blog posts and pages, commenting, moderating comments, replying to comments in addition to the ability to view the stats.
- Other Features: WordPress also supports the Trackback and Pingback standards for displaying links to other sites that have linked to a post or an article. WordPress blog posts can be edited in HTML, using the visual editor, or using one of a number of plugins that allow for a variety of customized editing features.
- Wordpress is user friendly and easy to use.
- You don’t have to use ftp (File Transfer Protocol) software for uploading contents.
- Since wordpress is internet based you can manage your blogs and create you website from any computer.
- No more waiting for your web designer to make simple updates to your site. With WordPress, you have control of nearly every aspect of your site and can easily make those simple updates yourself.
- PHP knowledge is required to do modification or changes in the wordpress website.
- Using several plugins can make website heavy to load and run.
- Updating of WordPress version may leads to loss of data so it requires the backup copy of website.
- Modifying and formatting the graphic images and tables is difficult.