Error - The version of the .NET Framework launch condition NET Framework 4 does not match the selected .NET Framework bootstrapper package
- In Visual Studio 2010, by default the projects are allocated with the default target framework called ‘.NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile’.
- It’s a ‘lightweight’ version of the framework, and the major drawback is System.Web has been removed from this application.
- If we looking for this namespace to be integrated into our project. we need to change the target framework to ‘.NET Framework 4.0’.
- Here is the step to change the target framework for a WPF/Silverlight/Console application to .NET Framework 4.0
- Right-click on our project in solution explorer and select properties option.
- In the properties dialog box, change the target framework to ‘.NET Framework 4.0’ in our project.
- You may get a warning. Click ‘Yes’. Do not worry on this. It’s just a Microsoft information box.
- If we want to create a setup project for our project/application.
- In case we want it, you have to change in the installer setup too.
- Because, by default the setup project will be created with the .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile assigned as the default target framework.
- If we simply add a setup project and hit build you’ll get the following error:
1.The version of the .NET Framework launch condition ‘.NET Framework 4’ does not match the selected .NET Framework bootstrapper package.
2.Update the .NET Framework launch condition to match the version of the .NET Framework selected in the Prerequisites Dialog Box.
Below are the steps to match the project framework with installer framework.
Changing the target framework for setup project to ‘.NET Framework 4.0’ requires :
1.Changing the launch conditions in the installer
2.Changing the prerequisites for the installer
- Changing the launch conditions in the installer
- The launch conditions can be changed by right clicking the setup project. Select View and then Launch conditions
- Now select ‘.NET Framework’
- Here we will notice that the properties tab (see right-bottom in the default VS2010 layout) has changed. Change the Version dropdown to ‘.NET Framework 4.0’.
- Changing the prerequisites for the installer
- The prerequisites can be changed through the properties of the installer project.
- Click the Prerequisites button.
- In the prerequisites dialog, deselect ‘Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile’ and select ‘Microsoft .NET Framework 4’. Click ‘OK’.
- That’s it. Now our solution will build without errors and our setup will be created. Enjoy coding with wikitechy.com
Applies to sqlserver version :
- SQL Server 7.0 OLAP Tools
- SQL Server 2000 64-bit Edition