To select an area of browser window to take a screenshot that is submitted with our feedback about a bug.
Html2canvas library to make screenshot using js browser.
Read Alsostrokerect() method in HTML5 canvas
report() function in on rendered after getting image as data uri show it to user and allow draw "bug region" by mouse and then send screenshot and region coordinates to server.
- The script allows to create feedback forms which include a screenshot, created on the clients browser, along with the form.
- The screenshot is based on the DOM not accurate to the real representation as it does not make an actual screenshot, but builds the screenshot based on the information available on the page.
- It doesn't require any rendering from the server, as the whole image is created on the clients browser. The HTML2Canvas script is still in a experimental state.
- CSS3 attributes we would want it to, nor does it have any support to load CORS images even if a proxy was available.
Read AlsoCreate image data method in HTML5 canvas
- Web app can take a 'native' screenshot of the client's entire desktop using
The client will have to be using chrome need to enable screen capture to support under chrome:
- Third party library is open source and works really well, even with complicated HTMLs. We provide the URL from where we want to take a screenshot and other parameters like size, quality, etc.
- There's a cloud service wrapping this library.