The switch statement is used to perform different actions based on different conditions.
This is how it works:
- The switch expression is evaluated once.
- The value of the expression is compared with the values of each case.
- If there is a match, the associated block of code is executed.
- If there is no match, the default code block is executed.
- The getDay() method returns the weekday as a number between 0 and 6. (Sunday=0, Monday=1, Tuesday=2 ..)
This example uses the weekday number to calculate the weekday name: