Registry errors usually happens with the new programs installation over the older ones provided that the older versions are not uninstalled properly. Other causes include a spyware and / or virus.
error code -10813
1. Switch off the laptop and insert the Mac OS disc in the drive
2. Restart the machine by holding down the “c” key to enter system boot.
3. Utilize the disk utilities application from the desktop menu and perform a disk repair on the hard drive.
4. Finally restart the machine.
The LaunchServices database can be corrupted and raised the error. To fix it on Mountain Lion use the below steps:
1. Open Terminal.app in the /Applications/Utilities/ folder.
run /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
2. Restart the system.
- Get help with iOS update and restore errors
- iPhone 101: Troubleshooting iTunes error codes
- iPhone could not be restored unknown error 1 - iPhone 5