[fix]-SQL Server Error : 1326 Cannot connect to Database Server
- The error occurs when trying to connect to a database from a website.
Cannot connect to Database Server.
Fix 1 :
Basic checks to be done for this error :
- Named pipe/TCP is enabled.
- Remote connections are allowed.
- Try to ping your own computer from another computer.
- Try disabling firewall / antivirus to arrive at successful pinging.
- Under windows Firewall create an exception for port 1433 as follows:
Go to Control Panel -> Click on Windows Firewall -> Go to exception tab as shown below.
4. Click on Add Port... and enter the port number and name.
5. Click on Add Program -> Add C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Shared location\SQLBrowser.exe in exception list.
6. Click ok and save the changes.
Fix 2 :
Go to control panel -> Open Local services window -> select MSSQLSERVER service and restart.
( Or )
Go to run -> services.msc -> right click on SQL Server name and select “Restart” as shown below :
Fixes are applicable to the following versions of SQL Server:
- SQL Server 7.0 OLAP Tools
- SQL Server 2000 64-bit Edition
Related Error Tags :
- i get sql error 1326 when connect to other computer
- SQL Server 2008 R2 - Cannot Connect Remotely (Error 1326)
- Resolving could not open a connection to SQL Server errors
- Error (1326) in SQL Server 2008 R2
- How do I get this SQL Server ODBC Connection working?
- SQL Server 2008 - Connection Error 1326
- Sql Error 1326 : Cannot connect to Database server