[Fix] - SharePoint 2013 Internet Explorer Crash ucrtbase.dll Office 2016
- SharePoint 2013 Internet Explorer Crash ucrtbase.dll Office 2016
- When I was trying to access a SharePoint 2013 Foundation site in Internet Explorer with Office 2016 installed, often the browser crashes on login.
- And it Gives an ucrtbase.dll as the faulting module.
- But when we try to access a Sharepoint 2013 foundation through any other web browser it shows no problem.
- Only with IE11 and Office 2016 this issue was occurs apart from that the following error happens across OS Versions, 10, 8, 7.
- Since it works with other browser and it’s not working with IE (Internet Explorer). Most probably the issue is occurring in a browser.
- Check inside the Browser Settings & Add-Ons:
- Should be with the add ons installed in the machine.
- Are else disable the "SharePoint Export Database Launcher" add-on.
- And Check whether any additional extensions in our machine.
- Most probably this issue occurs in Office 2016 issue with share point so Update the latest Office 2016.
- Then Try out with system restore to roll back the last updates.
- It’s an Office compatible issue. so uninstall Office 2016 and reinstalled Office 2013 on one of our user's machines, and we can resolve this issue.
- Here i had to disable the "Office Document Cache Handler" add-on because that was the only enabled add-on I saw that seemed potentially relevant.
- After that Restart IE and it crashed again.
- Later on we went back to add-ons to re-enable Document Cache Handler, the SharePoint Export Database Launcher was now in the list. We disabled it and she didn't crash.
- Here we have an another fix to resolve this issue, have got the point of finding that disabling all add-ons with iexplore.exe -extoff now it was working.
- Simply Go to Start --> Control Panel--> Programs--> Programs and Features--> Microsoft Office Professional Plus 201X --> Right Click --> Change --> Repair
- This rolls back the add-on to a previous version that is 100% functional.
- Here we list out some steps to resolve this issue
- Run IE (Internet Explorer) in Safe Mode and see the outcome.
- Open a 'Command Prompt' window
- Type cd/ to get a blank C: prompt
- Then Type following path “C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -extoff (where C: is our local drive)
- After that Clearing IE caches and perform a clean boot to see if there is any improvement by the following reference URL.
Fixes are applicable to the following versions of share point :
- IE11 crash caused by SharePoint
- internet explorer - SharePoint 2013 IE
- Internet Explorer 11 – SharePoint 2013
Related Error Tags :
- SharePoint export database launcher
- How to remove the Remove duplicated results from Content Search Web Part.
- How to debug browser crash of Internet Explorer 10