[Fix] - Cant Uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express Tools
- When I try to remove the SQL Server 2005 Express Tools the following error will occur “Can't Uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express Tools “.
- And also I use Add or Remove programs to remove all components of SQL Server 2005 Express.
- Even if I reinstalled all the Workstation Tools of SQL Server 2005, I could individually remove those tools, and then completely removed the SQL 2005 installation.
- So is still an entry for SQL Server Management Express in my all programs listing.
Fix 1 :
- Here is the fix which we have resolved for this problem by removing the registry key under the path (Note: go to Run & type “regedit” to delete this path as shown below).
- (32Bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Microsoft > Microsoft SQL Server > 90
(64Bit) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > Software > Wow6432Node > Microsoft > Microsoft SQL Server > 90.
Fix 2 :
- Here we have the other fix to resolve this issue (Can't Uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express Tools)
- Download Windows Cleanup tool using the bellow link and install it.
- After installation we can see SQL Server 2005 Express Tools you will be having option to Remove it.
Fix 3 :
- We can also resolve this issue, If we have any redgate or sql related softwares, which we must uninstall it.
- uninstall Redgate SQL Prompt
Fix 4 :
- Here we have an another way to resolve the following issue (Can't Uninstall SQL Server 2005 Express Tools- Solving setup errors) was fixed by using the SubInACL tool to repair the file and registry permissions".
- And this is the reference URL for SubInACL tool to repair file and registry permissions
Fix 5 :
When installing the SQL SERVER, simply Rename the instance of our latest SQL Server (named instance option)
Fix 6 :
- Another easiest way to resolve this issue is to download the installer for SQL Server Management Studio Express (the 2005 version) and run it - this time, choose uninstall instead of install.
- Are else Uninstalling SQL Server Management Studio Go to control panel->uninstall programs.
- After finishing the uninstallation download the latest version of SQL server management studio by using the following reference URL:
Fix 7 :
Using the Following steps, we can also resolve this issue:
- Upgrade .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
- Upgrade VS 2008 to VS 2008 SP1
- Go to Control Panel => Programs and Features
+ Remove Microsoft SQL Server 2005 "Workstation Components"
+ Remove Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Management
- Install Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
Applies to :
Related Tags :
- how to uninstall sql server 2005 completely
- how to uninstall sql server 2005 completely in windows xp
- how to uninstall sql server 2005 completely from windows 7
- sql server 2005 express tools download
- sql server 2005 express tools failed
- sql server 2005 express tools failed while installing sql 2008 r2
- sql server 2005 express tools are installed to continue remove
- sql server 2005 express tools free download
- Remove SQL Express 2005 tools - Installing SQL Server 2008 Express
- SQL Server 2005 Tools makes SQL Server 2008 Express install fail
- SQL 2008 & SQL Server 2005 Express Tools - Microsoft
- Remove sql server 2005 express tools to Install SQL Server 2008